Friday, April 30, 2010

Two Weeks In and Not Looking Back!

A friend messaged me on Facebook to see how my week was, so I thought it was a good time as any to check in and update everyone on my progress.  I have lost 14 pounds since I started this diet almost two weeks ago, 35 total since my late Feb/early March.  I don't miss the dairy, sugar, or processed foods at all!! I snack on fruits, veggies, nuts, drink a lot of water, feel full quickly, and am not missing any of the junk!! If I go out to eat, I have been sticking to salads or vegetarian options, just to be on the safe side.  If I eat meat, it is boneless, skinless chicken and lean ground turkey.  I am really happy with my progress so far and I don't believe that I will be returning to my former eating habits again!


Here is what I am making next week:


Split Pea Soup


Low Fat, Low Cal Spinach Quiche
  • substitution--no cheese--I have cheddar and mozzarella rice shreds--pretty good for fake cheese :)
  • no eggbeaters-I use egg white substitute
  • no ham -I have turkey bacon in the freezer
  • shockingly, I have no broccoli, but I have a ton of other veggies, so I am sure there will be more than spinach in my quiche!
  • I will be adding my own combo of veggies and fake cheese, but using the recipe as a guideline :)

I am going to try this recipe.  This is completely different from how I made them last time.  We shall see which one we like better!


Quinoa Primavera



Leah introduced me to Quinoa on our last visit and I found this recipe and I am going to try it!  I do not have fresh garlic or peppers, but I will make due with what I have!


I will be giving away a jar of Better N Peanut Butter and a package of Flat Out Bread to the first person submitting a recipe that I make and will feature on my blog!  So, get those recipes in!!!


Have a great weekend everyone!


"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating".  ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

5 comments:

  1. ya--I just don't have any--lol!! If you send me a recipe, I will get the stuff to make it, I am just cooking with what I have at the moment. After next week though, I will be out of stuff! Will need new supplies and new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D,
    What an amazing start! I am supporting you all the way! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete