Monday, May 17, 2010

I have been a bad blogger!


Sorry loyal readers, I have been a bad blogger!! Life has been crazy lately but to update, I have lost over 40 pounds, 20 of it since I started my new diet.  I cannot say that I notice any decrease in my pain, but I love what I have been eating!  My family is skeptical ( I made a vegan cheesecake and a veggie quiche for mother's day), but they are supportive of my lifestyle changes!

Its been a little over a month since starting this diet.  If you recall, I was initially supposed to go 21 days witout dairy, which I did.  Mothers day weekend, I went out and had dairy Friday and Saturday (12 pudding shots for a good cause Friday night--lol and Saturday there was cheese in the Vegetable Lasagna.) Needless to say, I got very sick from eating the dairy, so I must have an intolerance.  So I am sticking to the Rice milk and Rice Shreds when I make a recipe that calls for cheese!

I had friends over for lunch yesterday and I introduced them to my healthy cooking and they were in love!! I made pasta salad (tri color/whole grain pasta with fat free italian dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, peppers, salad supreme); kale chips, and 4 types of flat out bread pizza (sundried tomato and mozzarella veggie shreds, red and orange pepper, mushroom and olive and mozzarella veggie shreds, spinach, mushroom and chicken, then a chicken and broccoli, both with mozzarella veggie shreds).  I received many compliments and everyone took leftovers home!  I was so happy to have people to cook for!!

Not sure what I am cooking this week, but will post updates when I do!  Thanks for reading and remember to send me some of your favorite recipes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment