Monday, May 24, 2010

My Belly Hurts!!! Gluten Free, Day 1




I think I have the stomach flu, a UTI, or an ovarian cyst...not like I don't have enough problems already, but my stomach/left side has been killing me the past few days! Today I started the gluten-free portion of my diet and here is how it went:

Breakfast-

Nothing.... belly was killing me

Lunch

piece of chicken
apple
celery
lots of water


Dinner

broth
2 pieces of gluten free toast
1/2 tsp of peanut butter
lots of water
banana

Snack

celery
Trader Joe's Natural Turkey Jerky (yummy, no preservatives, no nitrates)
lots of water

Overall, not the best diet day, as usually I eat veggies 3x a day, including a morning smoothie, but I just wasn't feeling it today!  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what is going on...hopefully nothing serious, as I am so tired of being sick!!

I am looking forward to trying out all kinds of gluten-free recipes that I have found online!  This Banana Bread  looks particularly yummy.  Of course, I will have to make all my substitutions as usual.  I may make it this week and if so, will let you all know how it turns out!

'Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open". --B.K.S Iyengar

No comments:

Post a Comment