Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bye, Bye Gluten!

That's right kids!  Not only am I off dairy, refined sugars and processed foods, but we are saying goodbye to gluten as well! At least for 21 days, that is!  I am armed with gluten free items from Trader Joe's that I purchased yesterday.  Since I started this diet, veggies have been my staple, along with chicken and whole grain pasta.  But now, I switched to rice pasta, which Leah says holds the flavor much better than the pasta I was eating, so I am anxious to try it!

Last week I was telling some different friends about my diet, weight loss and foods I had eliminated.  My friend Dave remarked, "If I was eating cardboard, I would lose 40 pounds too."  Of  course we all had a good laugh, but as I have said many times, I do not miss anything that I used to eat.  I have found tasty alternatives for everything...except ice cream.  I tried the Rice milk ice cream, and it was pretty nasty!!   I am still on the search for a non-dairy , gluten free, low sugar alternative to ice cream.  Anyone know of one, let me know!!

I am not sure what I am making this week for dinner...blogging regularly has been hard for me!  I am starting the no-gluten phase tomorrow, so I will try to update as much as I can.  Gluten Free Goddess is one of the blogs I read and she has some yummy posts, so I expect to be making some of her culinary creations! Please remember to send me recipes, especially now if you have a favorite that is gluten free!


The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience.  Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.  ~Larry Dossey

No comments:

Post a Comment