Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What's Cookin'? Gluten Free Day Two

Day two not much better than day one, as I still feel like crap and can't really eat much of anything. The nice Dr. and I decided it is "most likely a ruptured ovarian cyst", which I have had many times before and hurts like heck for a few days and goes away.  Nevertheless, I had more blood work, and am scheduled for a Pelvic Ultrasound 6/9 (the day after my yearly GYN exam) and I have to get an abdominal X-Ray when I go out on Friday ( I cancelled my Dr's appointments for tomorrow and am going to rest for the next few days, because it hurts to walk) .  Silly me thought I could call Magee up and get my ultrasound today, ya right!  Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't. I hope they can find my left ovary this time, because the last time I had a Pelvic Ultrasound, it was hiding, and the procedure was VERY painful and took two technicians to complete.  But enough about me and my lovely medical problems...

I made all kinds of interesting food after my trip to the doctors office today, too bad I really couldn't enjoy it!!

I made Veggie Quiche --same variation of the recipe I posted on Mother's day: egg white substitute, spinach, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, Cheddar Veggie Shreds, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes.  Bake at 400 degrees for 45 min...YUMMY!

Baked Greens--I went to Trader Joe's as I had mentioned, to get my gluten free supplies, and found 5.5 bags of great stuff for 81$ (I am shopping at Trader Joe's from now on--the only thing they did not have was my Veggie/Rice shreds which I will get at GE/RBN when I cook with a recipe that requires them).  Back to the greens, I got a huge bag of mixed greens (Spinach, Turnip, Collard, Mustard) for $3.  There were recipes on the back, but I wasn't equipped with the ingredients, so I baked them in EVOO and Seasoned Salt like I do my Kale Chips--DELICIOUS!!

Finally, I made Veggie Stir Fry with Rice Stick noodles--weird little buggers.  You don't need to cook them, just put them in hot water to soften for 10 minutes.  Were kind of tasty once they were in with the Broccoli, Mushrooms, Baby Corn, Bean Sprouts, Carrots, Water Chestnuts, Bamboo Shoots and Teriyaki sauce!

So those were my cooking adventures, probably for the rest of the week, unless I feel up to getting the ingredients for/baking the Gluten Free Banana Bread I posted yesterday.  I think I will save that for next week!

Happy Hump Day Eve!!

1 comment:

  1. Feel better! Sorry about no ultrasound at Magee today... I was taking up all the slots ;-) Pelvis and t/v- good times.

    I am so impressed with your ability to research these recipes and make them taste great!

    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete